Mr. Fire's Miracles Coaching

Powered by FeedBlitz

The Gift of Jerry Hicks

by Joe Vitale on November 26, 2011

I personally knew, worked with and loved Jerry Hicks, of Abraham fame. When I learned he passed away on November 18th, I felt the sadness of losing a friend, but the joy of knowing he transitioned into what Abraham and Esther Hicks call The Vortex.

When I lived in Houston decades ago, Jerry and Esther were coming out with their books and audio cassettes. Their first book was typewritten and self-published. I helped them promote it, and later wrote full-page ads for them.

I love Esther and Jerry Hicks

I love Esther and Jerry Hicks

After that, I helped them get their website up by introducing them to my webmaster at the time, and later promoted their site for them. I sent out news releases and contacted the media.

I was an evangelist for Abraham. Jerry sometimes called and asked for advice about publishing or marketing. I loved our chats. And almost two decades ago I wrote the introduction to the first edition of their book, Sara and the Foreverness of Friends of a Feather.

Years ago, when I updated and published a long lost book by Genevieve Behrend, called Attaining Your Desires, Jerry wrote me a long letter praising it. He also went through the first edition, found typos, and listed them for me to correct (which I did). He never charged me, and was happy to help.

Like Esther, Jerry was always upbeat, joyful, and a delight to talk to. I always looked forward to our calls and meetings.

I have rarely met anyone so committed to his mission of getting out the word of Abraham. Jerry didn’t struggle or worry, but simply offered Abraham’s words to those ready to hear them. He never seemed to tire. He never got bored. He never wanted to stop. He was just as enthusiastic over the most recent Abraham seminars as he was over the very first ones.

I drifted away from Jerry and Esther when I realized Abraham’s feel good formula was missing a step. That’s when I began writing about “getting clear” as an essential ingredient to attracting what you wanted. I wrote about this in my book, The Attractor Factor, and spoke about it in my audio program, The Missing Secret. It’s the core of my Miracles Coaching program.

I never stopped loving Jerry and Esther, of course. I’ve always called them two of the most loving people I’ve ever met, a true joy to be around. They are beacons of light.

Jerry was always the picture of fitness and health. Every time I saw him, he radiated wellness. He looked like he could do circus gymnastics at the drop of a hat. As far as I could tell, he would live forever.

I was wrong.

Sometimes fans of the Law of Attraction think they can escape reality. I’ve been teaching for years that you can’t argue with reality. That’s why surrender is such an important step in awakening, and why I wrote about it in my book, The Awakening Course. The Law of Attraction is only one law. As a healer I know once announced, “At some point you’re just gonna die.”

Of course, a handful of teachers think death is just a belief. I even questioned death in my book, Life’s Missing Instruction Manual. Maybe we attract it because we believe and expect it. Maybe it’s further proof of the Law of Attraction. I don’t really know.

Some people criticized Jerry and Esther for accepting chemotherapy to fight his cancer. Some critics took that as a sign the Law of Attraction doesn’t really work when push comes to shove.

I find that odd. I remember some of the early dialogues with Abraham, where Esther said when you use the Law of Attraction, you will be guided to use whatever means might help. When you have a headache and you intend to attract relief, you might attract or create a natural healing method, or you might attract aspirin.

After all, when you consciously intend to attract something, where do you think it is going to come from?

Jerry wasn’t Abraham. Jerry was human. Like each of us, he had life challenges. A song I wrote on my forthcoming singer-songwriter album says, “Everybody’s goin’ through somethin’.” The point is for us to do our best to awaken. Our unconscious programs are running the show. We may or may not clear them all this time around. That’s why it behooves us to reflect on what is behind what we are attracting. Books such as Louise Hay’s Heal Your Body and Daniel Condron’s Permanent Healing can be useful. They can shed light on the unconscious reasons for physical ailments.

Don’t use Jerry’s illness or death as an excuse to become a victim.

Abraham taught you’d always have challenges. As soon as you resolved one issue, you’d attract another. Welcome to the human experience. This doesn’t mean the Law of Attraction doesn’t work. It means it does work. You always get what you unconsciously believe and expect. (Re-read that.) Jerry once told Esther he’d probably depart before her, which proves he had a belief in dying, and maybe a belief in a particular way of passing on.

I wasn’t with Jerry when he grew ill, so I can’t say what he was thinking. I don’t know why he attracted cancer, or why he chose the modern medicine path to remove it. But if he accepted conventional medicine as a treatment, than he must have felt he attracted it as a possible solution. He was probably reaching for the thought that felt best to him at the time.

The fact that he got ill and passed on doesn’t mean anything more than he got ill and passed on. Everything else is simply our projecting our beliefs onto his situation.

If you have thoughts, fears, doubts, beliefs and expectations surfacing — triggered by Jerry’s illness and passing — that’s what you want to clear. What you are experiencing is your unconscious coming to the surface. You are discovering what you really believe.

What you see reveals your beliefs

What you see reveals your beliefs

Jerry’s situation is revealing your unconscious belief system. He’s a mirror. Whatever you say about Jerry reflects your own beliefs. That’s all. And that’s wonderful. He left you a great gift. Here’s your chance to break free.

Death isn’t a bad thing. It’s not failure. Jerry and Esther, via Abraham, taught that death is simply walking from one room into another.

“Make fun of death. We are as dead as it gets, and we are fully aware of this joyous experience. We are with you every time you allow it. We are in every singing bird and in every joyful child. We are part of every delicious pulsing in your environment. We are not dead, and neither will you ever be. You will just get up one day, and get out of the movie.” – Abraham (Esther Hicks)

Jerry exited stage right.

I loved him.

I’ll miss him.

As Abraham would say, “You are loved. All is well.”

Ao Akua,

joe

PS — Some info about Jerry’s passing: http://goodvibeblog.com/jerry-hicks-says-goodbye/

Member BBB 2003 - 2012

Member BBB 2003 - 2012

Read the book FREE

Read the book FREE

All writings here are copyrighted by Joe Vitale. You may not use them without written permission but you may link to the posts or give out a link to the posts.
If you like the free articles on this blog, let Joe know by buying him hisall-time favorite gift - an Amazon gift certificate. His email is joe@mrfire.com Click Here!

{ 2 trackbacks }

The Gift of Jerry Hicks « Dawn Nocera
November 26, 2011 at 8:24 pm
The Gift of Jerry Hicks | Tips For Self Improvement
November 28, 2011 at 2:17 pm

{ 108 comments… read them below or add one }

Carl November 26, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Perhaps we are all organisms that are holograms of The Devine, experiencing the contrasts and having an adventure here on planet attraction in one of the grandest games ever created.

If you play a video game, it’s very similar and a corollary to this existence. You play until you die and then re-spawn or leave the game altogether.

You really don’t need to carry around a crying towel. Nobody wants to hear a hard luck story or victim whining. Part of mastering this game is to get beyond that stage. Learn to always be thankful for the experiences good or bad. If you notice the good in everything and play to that side always, things will go a lot easier for you while you work on cleaning, clearing, learning towards mastery.

Who knows when the higher self on the other side will decide to stop playing in your form and go do something else or come back in a different form?

It’s all part of the experience. Enjoy it.

Carl November 26, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Additionally, I think Joe has given a very nice, eloquent tribute to Jerry. R.I.P. Jerry. (Re-spawn In Peace)

I do also have a slight correction to make about my previous comment:

People really DO want to hear hard luck stories. Which is why mainstream media works for so many. But most of them are looking for commiseration and verification that their negative belief system must be right.

They are still arguing with reality. They are still living the victim story.

If you’re one of these, it’s not your fault. We all go through that. Hopefully, you learn to hate being in that stage, and move on to the higher stage evolution of the victim story.

Which is this: almost everyone wants to hear a hard luck story with a happy ending. What they really want is to hear is how you turned it around, made it to something that gives themselves, others or the world a new hope or benefit and ultimately, how they can either be a part of it or do the same in their own lives.

That’s why in all of the great stories humans have ever told, the good guy always wins, peace is the inevitable outcome and things end up better than when they began.

People really want to hear stories, be provided services or products that produce happy endings. They want to be told a good story that feels good, that they can believe in, that they can be a part of. Where the stories go beyond mere entertainment is when they can be used as tools to produce tangible good results in their own lives.

Jerry and his work with Esther did just that for me.

Whether or not you believe in their stories or how Jerry and Esther do their thing is not important. What is important is that they provide a great stories, an entertaining show that sparks the creative imagination, gives hope and has helped many change their lives for the better by participating in it.

Isn’t this what all of our own stories (and indeed life) should really boil down to in the end?

Kerem November 26, 2011 at 9:17 pm

I’m deeply sorry to hear that. Rest In Peace & Light Mr. Jerry Hicks. You’ll be missed and teachings will never forgotten. My sincere condolences to Mrs. Hicks with lots of love and respect.

‘Anti-LOA’ gang attacks on the net will not change the reality of Jerry Hicks leaving a grand and glorious treasure behind. His work will live forever in many people’s mind and heart.

Today I had a chance to watch second season of ‘Through The Wormhole with Morgan Freeman’. The topic was Life After Death – there are some serious near death experiences and scientific explanations about how our brain works like a quantum computer and using the non-locality of the quantum field to be ‘here’ and ‘there’ at the same time. One of those really serious near death experiences the victim ‘traveled’ to the outer borders of the space & time. He felt the presence of something/someone filled a huge LOVE. He stated that he realized the entire universe created that loving energy (while listening to this Ho’oponopono’s philosophy suddenly flashed on my mind – when you take everything away there remains love).

It’s so resonates with me to believe and realize that divine created everything with love, because you don’t paint, draw, sculpt, photograph or write with hate. When we create art we utilize love… even when we inspire from the lose of love, the inspiration still comes from the love itself.

Also I realized lots of other things during watching that particular documentary and thought “who wants to live forever?!…” once again. The earth experience is an amazing trip… But its NOTHING compared to the next level.

Some people who call themselves atheists can keep believing that we just die, rot and fade away – And I am afraid that might be they will get for the next level… Religions call that ‘hell’. Quran says; “You’ll take away your flame within you…”. And THAT is also the law of attraction. What they believe will become their experiences for the next level (that’s kinda scary to think though – thank God I am not an atheist :D )

Mevlana Celaleddin Rumi says clearly that ‘we die as stone born as flower, die as flower, born as animal then die as animal and born as human – we never took a step back, and next level will be up again’

Thanks for the really sad but inspiring article once again Dr. Vitale. You’ve made me think a lot – and thanks for letting me to share my thoughts.

I love you & thank you…

Musa November 27, 2011 at 4:51 am

“Don’t die with your music still in you.” – Wayne Dwyer.

Jerry is a true example of that.

Focusing and praising and blessing how he lived and not how he died puts things in a better perspective for me.

And I will love him for that.

Thank you.

I love you.

Musa.

PS. Give ma a shout out for us as soon as you can ♥

Thomas November 27, 2011 at 8:08 am

I never bought into the law of attraction, primarily because its a diluted mentality that thinks they have control over the actions of another. At the core of that I think that your mind can make up any evidence it chooses to support that belief. At one point I fell for it thinking that somehow this was the path of a “higher truth”. Since that time I’ve discovered that there is no such thing as a higher truth. lol

Matt November 27, 2011 at 8:13 am

Thank you for sharing that quote, Joe. A brilliant reminder of who we are, where we are, where we come from and where we’re going.

Peace of I,
Matt
Pro Sanctity of Life

Henry @SiteFlippingSchool.com November 27, 2011 at 8:20 am

Joe, I have always followed you, read your books. You are one of my mentored and let me tell you that you inspire me a lot.

I never knew Hicks before now, but from what you have written, He followed the law of attraction part to fulfillment. I have also realized authors never die as their work lives…

Rev. Anne Presuel November 27, 2011 at 8:35 am

Thank you, Joe, for these beautiful words about Jerry, Esther, Abraham & the Law of Attraction. Oh, yes… and Jerry’s cancer.

Jerry gave us an incredible gift by experiencing cancer – CANCER, of all things! – while living and teaching the Law of Attraction. There is truly nothing wrong here. This was his experience, his choice of treatment and his gift to all of us as he lived through his experience visibly to all of us … and with grace, humor and courage.

And Esther continues to teach as she has been doing for years – only now with Jerry in the Vortex.

The fear of cancer is huge in our society. What better way to help lift this fear than to witness someone as beloved as Jerry Hicks live the experience and then continue his work from the other side?

Again, there is nothing wrong here. All is indeed well. As you said, Joe, it is our interpretation about what it all means that is for us to do … it is for us to look at and clear away any negative beliefs and fears within ourselves so that we may be freed of our own limits.

I, for one, am deeply grateful to Jerry for his incredible gifts to us all – both in his life … and in his death.

Teresa S November 27, 2011 at 8:58 am

I became a Certified Law of Attraction Coach because I really wanted to be able to apply what I learned from these two wonderful people who gave so unselfishly to the world. The body is not the spirit of the being, but in the physical world we live in we are subject to the rules of this universe. I will miss Jerry’s introductions and his questions to Abraham through Esther. I am so glad that I have so many of their CD’s, videos, mp3’s and all the things on You Tube about their lives work. Thank you Jerry for helping so many understand. Esther, being human, will have some adjustment, but I know that Abraham will give her the right way to deal with this. Jerry, I am sure you are now a part of the collective consciousness named Abraham. There will be more and more people in the hot seat going forward.

Carl Bozeman November 27, 2011 at 9:23 am

Well said, Joe. Thanks

All my love……Carl

Trevor Emdon November 27, 2011 at 9:43 am

Joe – it is fitting and right that you should post a eulogy about Jerry and his passing on your blog. I also greatly appreciate your wisdom and help in comforting those especially in regard to why he attracted/chose cancer.

I must say, though, even though I own a lot of your work and products and greatly respect you, that I wish you hadn’t used it for so much self promotion. Surely you are well-known enough in your own right not to need to hang onto the coat-tails of dear departed Jerry.

Joe Vitale November 27, 2011 at 1:51 pm

References and resources was my intent. I’m sorry if you interpreted it otherwise. Please forgive me.

Gaby February 4, 2012 at 10:18 am

I fully agree, Joe, too much self promotion. It has taken away from your honouring of Jerry. It feels disrespectful.

Rahul Malik November 27, 2011 at 10:04 am

Hi, I am still confused, over why can’t we control our life span ( of course in a limited way), through laws of attraction ?

Melissa L. December 14, 2011 at 4:35 pm

The Law of Attraction is not something you control things through, Rahul. Think of yourself as a walking attractor that attracts the world and experience by your thinking–the Law of Attraction does not work from the outside in, it operates from the inside out.

So if you want to live a long, strong and happy life, what’s preventing you from doing that? This is the “getting clear” Joe speaks of.

I am using the Abraham Vortex meditation and write about my experiences on Squidoo–maybe my adventures might help explain further. http://www.squidoo.com/abraham-hicks-meditation

Les Leslie January 10, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Rahul: I think you’ve missed the proper point of perspective. We do, indeed, control our life span. It’s just that we don’t control it from the “physical” perspective, where all of our true knowledge is so limited. From our non-physical perspective, our current “drama” has been–and is being–orchestrated for reasons and toward growth that we mostly cannot allow ourselves to know–it would then alter the experience and the “proposed” purpose.

Ferry Verhoeve November 27, 2011 at 10:04 am

You are a wonderful human being
We will all miss Jerry, yet knowing he will be always around us

I am sorry, please forgive me, thank you and I love you

Dr. David Kamnitzerd November 27, 2011 at 10:17 am

G-d Bless Jerry.

I wanted to add that there is a clearing function that is important AND there is a TRANSFORMATIONAL possibility as well.

I was not an expert on every thought of Abraham’s work … AND my sense is that “his” work did not really go to either of these realms … and therefore was not an ESSSENTIAL element of my Path.

That being said … I do use the PIVOTING approach, both in my own life, and in my work with others.

Sincerely … Dr. David

Craig November 27, 2011 at 10:35 am

Joe, nice words about Jerry but I have to wonder about your motive for writing them. I think you’re just using Jerry’s death to promote yourself as usual, advertising as much as you can in between some nice words about Jerry and knowing that people doing google searches about Jerry Hicks’ death will attract a hit for your blog, more great advertising for you.

If you really wanted to simply write about Jerry you could have done it without placing one of your books, material or self promotion in between every paragraph.

Joe Vitale November 27, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Ouch. I had tears in my eyes writing about Jerry, and I took three days to be sure I expressed myself in a way you can learn from. Promoting myself not sought. I don’t need it. Please forgive me, and maybe look at what the reading brought up in you. It’s a mirror, remember.

B Ann Chenoweth November 27, 2011 at 3:17 pm

My opinion, should you choose to accept it… :o )
I want everything worth while to always be promoted! It’d be nice if everything that was promoted commercially was as good a thing as what you offer Joe!
I enclose a treasure, perhaps a reminder… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc8rnESBXok&feature=related

Always love, Anni

Joe Vitale November 27, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Well said. :)

Bruce Wesley Chenowewth November 27, 2011 at 6:28 pm

No “ouch” needed Joe. Those of us who endeavor to share what we hold to offer immense, dis-proportionate value to others will often be criticized by people who either take advantage of such opportunities for their own self-gain, or who have been “victim” of such people, and now fear being “scammed” again. Your great works are part of an accurate expression of who you are. To not include references to them in your eulogy would not, could not have come from the depth of your soul.
Having read both this and the concerns about your mother a few days ago assures me that you are coming from a place of authenticity. Please don’t let a little fearful feedback ever censor what you share.

Joe Vitale November 28, 2011 at 7:28 am

Thank you, Bruce. Your comment comes from a wise stance that helps me as well as others. I am grateful.

Melissa November 27, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Joe, thank you for letting us know. My life and the way I live it changed this April when I was introduced to the teachings of Abraham through Esther and Jerry Hicks (which, ultimately led me to you!) and I will always be grateful for that. Sometimes, if I’m having a bad day I will play one of their audiobooks on my iPod and it will immediately have a positive effect on my outlook.

Having said that, I agree I would have liked to read your post without all the promotion of your products, just this once, because of the nature of the post. I do not think you were trying to “cash in” on the opportunity, as Craig would suggest…maybe you just can’t help it!

In anyway, I learned of this sad news through your post and am grateful for that. I will say a prayer for all of you tonight.

Let Peace begin with me.

Rich R November 27, 2011 at 10:47 am

Thank you for the post Joe. I am a follower of Esther and Jerry and Abraham. They have enriched me so, and will always be in my heart. Thank you.

Han November 27, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Jerry is indeed well missed, he is one of person changed my view of the world… just like Joe

thank you for sharing you thoughts with us…

I didn’t know he passed away until I read the post…

May Peace & Love always be with you…and your family..:)

Han

Joe Vitale November 27, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Thank you, Han.

Barry Bechta November 27, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Hello Joe,
Thank your for this well written and thoughtful appreciation of Jerry Hicks.
Blessings, Barry

Joe Vitale November 27, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Thank you, Barry.

Dom Amanze November 27, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Your comment is great Dr. Joe. To me, it is not necessary to persuade anyone to accept the reality of life. Is Jerry Hicks really dead, and in what context? The real essence, the human spirit that took the physical form, and flesh you called Jerry Hicks is not dead. He has completed a circle, decided to drop off the physical body which was used here to fulfil a purpose in the world of matter in accordiance with the perfect law of creation, and the law of return. His journey upwards continues in another circle of creation and development. Why would any body bound by intellect thinks he can change the perfect laws of the Almighty? Best thing? Submit to the unchangable will of the LIGHT. You will find perfect peace in all your exsistence as a human spirit and then fulfil the purpose for which you have been permited to exsist. I wish him a peace journey back to his source.

ken howard November 27, 2011 at 2:27 pm

A great remembrance and eulogy. It is interesting that noone has mentioned that Wayne Dyer is also dealing with cancer now. I don’t know how he’s doing, but he is giving a number of presentations this year, so he seems to be battling it well.

It’s all another challenge.

Joe Vitale November 27, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I didn’t know. I am sending him love and light.

terri November 27, 2011 at 2:46 pm

craig and trevor, that was a very cynical and cruel thing to say to joe. are you that jaded and self absorbed? your comments a reflection of yourselves, which is really all we are capable of. the whole death experience is still difficult because of what we are taught about it. in this duality world, labels such as good or bad win or lose right or wrong are prevalent, until we step out of the mind and go beyond the mind into the view from source. i myself have a few dogs who have cancer, who are otherwise full of life and very happy, and i am still trying to figure out why and how this could have happened… to be told by the vet in a very uncaring manner that older dogs get cancer is not good enough for me. shouldnt they want to explore that shallow idea further? or does it not matter to them, because they make money from disease? the unexamined life is not worth living, who said that? to me, disease means something is out of balance. our environment is certainly out of balance, even though we do our best in our own lives to live in balance with nature. but disease is not normal. so when it is time to go, does any means occur, and its not about attracting something bad, but just a way thru the door? the movie tuesdays with morrie is a very honest movie about such a taboo topic. how ironic that we pretend to not believe in death, or discuss it, or try to make friends with the whole idea and come to some kind of closure and understanding, even though it is a part of life… its obvious we have much to discover still.

Trevor Emdon November 28, 2011 at 10:04 am

Terri,
You make some fascinating points – thank you for writing.

First, let me say that I love both Joe and the now non-physical Jerry both as men who put enormous positive energy and love into the world. I have learned much from them both, (as well as Esther & Abraham of course), and I’m sure I will continue to do so.

Second, I am open to self examination and reflection on this matter, as with everything in life that comes to my awareness – especially an event as big as Jerry’s passing and my reaction to Joe here. I am an author too, and self promotion has been my weak “wing” so to speak, so I am – and will continue – to consider the “mirror” of myself.

Joe has also proffered a heartfelt and polite apology for any offence he may have inadvertently caused, (he is clear that his intent was not self promotion), which I gladly accept.

However, I cannot take on board the label of “cruel”. To echo Joe, that was not my intention and if my comments have caused you offence, I am sorry. I perceived, (correctly or otherwise), imbalance in Joe’s eulogy and sought – I thought lovingly and carefully – to restore pure love for Jerry, and thoughts about and for Jerry (& Esther too) – and not Joe at this particular moment.

This is Jerry’s moment, not Joe’s. That was my point. I don’t feel cruel in making it or for the way I did so.

I may have started a train or chain of thought/feeling within myself here from which I can see I could potentially learn much and I will let Source process it for a while and I know the answers will come to me in good time – they always do.

In the meantime, I wish you and your dogs well – and I thank you again for your powerful “nudge.”
All good things,
Trevor.

terri November 28, 2011 at 1:09 pm

trevor, thank you for responding so kindly and thoughtfully. im sorry if i was too forceful in my words. its such a difficult topic and time for me, im doing my best to go beyond. so many questions and discoveries to move through…another invitation from the universe to expand.

im still seeking understanding of loa and our animal brothers and sisters. or perhaps changing perspective of death being bad or unwanted to its just another experience and to find the beauty and grace in it. at the same time, appreciating and enjoying life and continuing to clean on the inside to facilitate a greater change in the outer world.
as someone with a masters degree in oriental medicine, extensive experience with herbs, homeopathy, reiki etc its very hard to not feel like i failed them somehow, for im responsible for taking care of them. as you can see, the mind is still going back and forth, unhappy and unaccepting of the fact that there doesnt appear to be a solution or something that can be done.i suppose there is some anger as well, for we dont use chemicals, we choose organic as often as we can, have a small farm and live in appreciation and harmony with nature, it doesnt seem to have mattered to align ourselves with a more holistic and happy way of living. i suppose there are many people struggling with these things as well. how do we as a society, or ultimately, as individuals, transmute this energy called cancer? what are we not seeing or understanding? what else is possible? thanks again for listening and responding so kindly.
. blessings, terri

Pat Awad November 27, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Joe,
So glad you wrote this blog. I have been a fan of Esther, Jerry and Abraham for many years and have noted, with disbelief, so many negative comments about Jerry’s death on the internet.
I have had the pleasure of meeting the Hick’s on a few occassions at their seminars and admire them greatly.
Godspeed to Jerry.
My condolences to his family. I am sure his phyisical presence will be dearly missed.
To you Joe- thanks so much for shifting the internet energy and writing a proper adieu.
Pat

krasimira November 27, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Thank you, Mr. Vitale, thank you I do not know Jerry but I see that you love her in the heart I love you and thank you language barrier prevents me to take DVD

Jane November 27, 2011 at 6:43 pm

I am a devotee of Abraham Hicks. I have a question though. Did Jerry die because of his resistance/not allowing towards healing or was it the next logical step as Esther said in her email? I’m confused by this. Thank you.

Also, thank you Joe for Zero Limits and the Attractor Factor.

Ken November 27, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Hi Joe,

I am a big fan of yours. I own three books and a few cd’s you did with Pat O’Brien. As one poster mentioned they felt you were doing a lot of self promotion in the article. I didn’t sense that, but I would like to see more articles where you give information on how to get clear or use the LOA without constantly selling or promoting something. When I get an email my first thought is “What is Joe trying to see me now.” When was in sales I was taught you can sell more when you try to sell less. Spend more time giving information, and less time selling….you will sell more.

Now back to the article…I senses a lot of love when you were discussing your relationship with Jerry and Esther Hicks. I felt a change in you when you talked about drifting away from Jerry and Esther. The tone of the article changed from loving to something else when discussing Jerry’s cancer, how or why he attracted cancer and his decision to use conventional medicine instead of a spiritual healing technique.

I wonder if this isn’t really unresolved feelings or beliefs you are holding about why you moved away from Jerry and Esther Hicks.

Anyway, I remain a big fan of your and enjoy your books, cd’s and writing.

With Love, Ken

Sue November 27, 2011 at 10:01 pm

How beautifully and succinctly put – course I’ve always loved the way you write, lol!

Though I am sad at his passing, I am also happy in that it is simply a shifting of our relationship. Jerry was and still IS one of my heroes.

It never occurred to me that some might be upset about his choice of healing methods – everything that exists is here for us to choose from. I will be clearing on my seeming “reverse prejudice” for a while… blindness? Perhaps, but a hopeful blindness!

No one ever really “leaves” us – even in death. Each of our relationships with Jerry will expand/evolve into what we can best understand, as we ALL move on (Jerry, too! ;-})

In the meantime, you’ve gently explained what I have been looking for the words to say since yesterday when I first read the news – and I am grateful.

Many Blessings and Much Love

Sue

Hemal November 28, 2011 at 7:52 am

Hi Joe,

We have a mutual friend in the lovely Laureen Falco by the way :)

I have been in this field for around 16 years and Abraham and Jerry & Esther’s work has been a wonderful influence. There was a period when I would study all the LOA techniques out there, identify the patterns behind them and create more. It could be said my work comes from a similar ‘place’ to theirs. I have also attracted a number of Abraham channels at times and, as they would put it, been like a ‘mid-wife’ in helping them more into the world to share their abilities.

I shared this story about Jerry last week on various portals, including my Facebook pages and groups and a group coaching program that I run. One person replied (paraphrasing from a longer message): “I heard he was having chemo, how come? …I hope what they teach is true…”

My own reply was similar to yours, Joe, in that we attract whatever is the solution. It comes to us via the path of least resistance. If the solution is a pill or chemo, so be it, or if it’s a ‘natural healing’, so be it. It’s about what we attract and what choices we make about it.

Law of Attraction is just a reflection and projection of our own beliefs, including how we choose to see something. This also goes for the people that say Law of Attraction doesn’t exist, they will get a confirmation of what they are energetically (/vibrationally) putting out.

Yes re: the comment above about Wayne Dyer. From what I have gathered he has chosen to learn from this experience and grow and move on from it. He was apparently diagnosed with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (a rare cancer of the white blood cells). He is speaking and working and looking to grow from the inside out from this.

Best wishes,
Hemal

Terri Rau November 28, 2011 at 10:30 am

I want to agree with Trevor and Craig, because each book leads to Amazon, however, I rhave ead every comment and have changed my mind and just simply want to thank you for your kind words. It is an honor to read about your special insights because you were so close to the couple.

Best wishes and continued learning.

Terri
Saskatoon, Canada

Joe Vitale November 28, 2011 at 1:32 pm

I think I understand now. There were only two links to my books — two – and apparently that’s all it took to derail some people from the love and the lesson. I just deleted both links. I apologize for any confusion or insensitivity. Usually people want links to my resources. Anyway, it’s repaired now.

Gloria da Costa November 28, 2011 at 11:54 am

Olá Joe,
Embora não tenha dominio de seu idioma sei que está, assim como eu, muito triste com a morte de Jerry Hicks. Acompanhei o casal em seus livros enquanto chegaram ao Brasil, ms de um tempo para cá não os mais encontrei. Tenho feito muito Oh’oponopono e isso é a forma mais eloquente de saber que estamos todos ligados e que temos um Divino Criador apenas.
Meu sentimento de Amor para Esther e para voce, Joe.
Gloria da Costa (Brazil)

Linda November 28, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Hi Joe.
I have one important question, and I think many people are thinking about this:
Is possible and good to use The Secret to have a good life (money, healt…), while I don’t completed the cleaning by Ho’ oponopono?

To use Law of Atraction as “protection” while I don’t arrive to zero?

In other words: is possible to use Ho oponopono and to use the secret as a complement (while my life isn’t perfect and my cleaning don’t finish).

Thank you, very much.

Joe Vitale November 28, 2011 at 1:30 pm

yes, indeed. use both.

Linda November 29, 2011 at 3:19 am

Ok! Thank you very much, Joe.

ntathu allen November 28, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Esther, Jerry and Abraham Hicks were my early teachers and sign posts about the way we co-create our reality. A dear friend gave me a couple of audios and my children and I had many happy driving trips listening to their messages. Jerry’s legacy lives on and is a reminder that we are all just passing through. Thanks for the thoughtful post and keep up the great work you do. Peace

Joe Vitale November 29, 2011 at 6:45 am

I appreciate your kind words.

Sue November 28, 2011 at 6:26 pm

As nice as this little piece is, it reads like a commercial for your work.
Is this what you intended?

Joe Vitale November 29, 2011 at 6:45 am

No, of course not.

Martha Giffen November 28, 2011 at 11:24 pm

What a beautiful post about your love for your friend. Thank you for sharing. Although I never met Jerry Hicks, I have read Abraham’s words as brought to us through Esther and Jerry and have found great insights and much love throughout the pages. We are all human and that is the reality of our situation. We will all transition at some point and that is yet another beautiful experience to look forward to, in my opinion. I think Jerry set a fine example for us all. I appreciate the words you wrote.

Joe Vitale November 29, 2011 at 6:44 am

Thank you, Martha.

gem November 29, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Hi Joe. Manic today. I did pray for your Mom. Honestly, I didn’t finish reading this post, RIP though. Incidentally, I took your advice and am in a life coaching group called The Vortex.

Here is a present for you:

Scott Andrew Finan November 30, 2011 at 8:25 am

The teachings of Abraham far exceed any of the modern day gurus because they are from Source Energy. Nothing is missing, you never get it wrong, and you never get it done.

Jerry Hicks got to transcribe the only true teachings on the Internet, all other teachers on the Internet are second-best next to Abraham.

Abraham is Source….

Rachel Henke November 30, 2011 at 2:26 pm

That was beautifully written Joe. I remain a loyal fan of your books and have also benefited greatly from Esther and Jerry’s amazing message.

Karen Spiers November 30, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Joe, I love that you have the ability to tell/teach with a touch of Zen-Metaphysics outlook. Understanding comes easier (to me) with your “we are all human and thats o.k.” approach. It was so easy to love Jerry and Ester as a couple, and be soooo grateful for their messages via Abraham. Now we will have to learn to seperate the couple , be thankful for what they shared, and know in our hearts they both will go on in their seperate realities. (Or are they truely seperate?) Happy trails Jerry!

Kiyomi Zenutopia November 30, 2011 at 5:53 pm

What a great blog article! Thanks for reminding me about it on Facebook. Jerry left a legacy I am so grateful for, and I am so happy I attracted the Abraham teachings. He’s partying with Abraham now, I just know it! :)

Akos Fintor November 30, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Hey Joe,

I read “Ask and it’s given” and I got hooked from page 2.
I truly appreciate the work they’v done.

thanks

Xabsi December 2, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Yhoo! I played Abraham’s dvd to sleep n throughout the night lastnite. I woke up to these news. I loved the couple and their contagious laughter. I met them on the cruise to Alaska in 2010 and had requested them to come to Africa on a cruise to Mozambique. Unfortunatelly they couldn’t because Jerry was sick. I want to think Jerry’s spirit was here lastnite to let me know of his progress and to stop waiting. RIP,Jerry thank u so much for yo life. Thanx Joe,it was my first time on yo blog through my friend Pale, courtesy Jerry.

Charles December 3, 2011 at 9:43 am

Hi Joe,
Thank you for writing this lovely piece on a truly inspirational man.
Who knows why some people attract or manifest such tragic experiences into their life.
The universe works in weird ways and we, as human beings still do not fully understand it (although we’re getting there).
I totally agree that we experience the result of our sub/unconscious beliefs.
I feel very strongly about this which is why I wrote the book ‘The Magic Power Of Your Beliefs’. Because our beliefs live within us at the unconscious level, it can be difficult for some people to uncover the limiting ones that are holding them back, or repeating negative circumstances.
I have someone very close to me who was told he had a very rare form of ‘incurable’ blood cancer. Only 44 cases in the world (no survivors)
He is now in full remission after changing his thinking using what I teach ans also with the help of your teachings Joe.
I suppoose we don’t always get to choose what happens to us in life, BUT, we DO get to choose how we respond.
Maybe Jerry’s passing had a much deeper purpose somewhere down the line which is part of the big picture in fulfilling his destiny…who knows?
One thing’s for sure though…he’s at peace now. And his teachings will live on!
Thanks Joe
Health, Wealth and Happiness…Always
Charles

Ty December 19, 2011 at 3:20 am

Joe, a wonderful insightful blog on Jerry. Thanks for sharing your relationship with him! Thank you!

Marian December 20, 2011 at 4:45 pm

What is the purpose of saying that you have the missing ingredient? I don’t think that was necessary in a message about Jerry Hicks. I’ve been studying Abraham for many years, and CLARITY is EXACTLY what Abraham teaches. Over and over they talk about it. And when you understand the Vortex, you understand the more and more clarity is not necessary. It’s all there, in the Vortex, everything you’ve ever wanted. And if you simply let go and go with the flow, open to all the possibilities, even grander things show up than you imagined.

Soumaya December 28, 2011 at 7:59 am

Hi,
I have just found out about jerry Hicks and shed few tears; I don’t usually cry when people die – they were tears of gratitude for all his dedication in supporting Esther and getting Abraham’s message to the world. As you said Jerry was human and my take is that he created attracted cancer because he wanted out. he had enough; he did what he set out to do; jerry was a man who loved challenges – and there was no way he could say – Ok we’ve it done now I can just spend the rest of my time playing golf – it is not how this world expect people to do with a ‘message’ to behave. so he created his way out to go to greener pastures play golf and have a laugh. may you rejoice where you are Jerry -lots of love- S

Przemek December 31, 2011 at 6:47 pm

“I drifted away from Jerry and Esther when I realized Abraham’s feel good formula was missing a step. That’s when I began writing about “getting clear” as an essential ingredient to attracting what you wanted”

I can`t agree that Abraham had no clearing or getting clearing. Easter many times said about “realising resistance” which the same as clearing. All Abraham`s processes is about realising resistance.
How can you say this is missing step.

Joe Vitale January 2, 2012 at 8:20 am

I can say it because they were missing a step at the time I drifted away.

marywhelan January 2, 2012 at 5:25 pm

hi joe…love you in every way and all that you have brought to us and know that the essence of it is true.I have had many things happen in my life to lead me forward and found them true too . especially when we have gone through hard times and something really appears to work it is part of our truth and that is good… and we only have our own experience to judge anything and that is good too. It was nt until i saw myself on the ennegram that i began to see where i was coming from… and this gave me more insight int myself and my way of seeing life. We are not our personality but we definately have a very narrow view .. even if we bring our gifts….Life is always more than a belief system or a theory …. even if it seems to work for a while…. but we are all learning and i know life is energy flow…. but i do believe that outside of our conscious manifestations we are all wise souls choosing what we need xxx

Ingrid Ryan January 4, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Joe:):):). You really gave an eloquent and honest tribute to your friend ( and I certainly love to think) mine, Jerry Hicks. After having a very visceral reaction to hearing of his passing, I made the mistake of reading some of the very negative and even cynical responses on the Internet. Then, I came across your tribute/ comments, spoken from both a friend and fellow (well-respected, and rightly so) colleague. Thank you. Your words were kind, respectful of the moment, the REALITY of it, so to speak. I felt at peace with the fact that there are several ways to interpret this event. Instantly, all seemed to come back into alignment with me, with regards to how to process and filter this event through and from my own unique perspective. I understand that we all have parts to contribute, that are significant and often initially difficult to reconcile within those very deep and wordless places of our ‘ETERNALNESS’ – please look me up if you’re ever in the TAMPA BAY AREA! my husband and I love you and your work, and would consider it an honor just to say Hello. HAPPY 2012!!

Lauren G January 13, 2012 at 9:39 pm

I did not know that Jerry passed on. Never met him, but because of him I have learned so much. Love you Jerry. Thanks for sharing Joe.

S. Hopper January 15, 2012 at 12:11 am

I enjoyed reading the remembrance of Jerry Hicks. Very nicely and affectionately written. I think all his fans will appreciate the warmth of feeling.

I just wanted to point out something that I respectfully disagree with though – the premise that Abraham leaves out the “getting clear” part of the equation. I think that when they say (I am paraphrasing): “when you know what you do not want, you know more keenly than ever what it is that you do want, and now your job is to align with that which you do want”, I read that as nothing other than “get clear on what it is that you do want”.

Faye January 20, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Wow..what a wonderfully written tribute to Jerry Hicks. You express yourself so well and you’ve absolutely nailed it on this one. It is indeed impossible for us to judge the intentions and outcomes of others…to believe we can do so with accuracy is the height of arrogance.

I’ve also written about Jerry’s passing on my own site as I wanted to counter some of the insensitive and misguided musings appearing on the web. It’s shocking how cruel some can be when it comes to this subject. And I’m still surprised by some of the negativity and erroneous assumptions made in the mail I receive.

Thank you for sharing your own memories of personal relationship with Jerry. You certainly paint a picture reminiscent of a man who lived his life well and on purpose…a truly heartwarming tribute…and a perfect counter to some of the silliness being put forth in response to all of this.